-
April 21st, 2003, 09:42 AM
#1
PencilZ
Guest
Can anyone recommended a good quality set of phones for both monitoring and for use with an electronic kit?
I know i should try them and its a subjective thing but... i'd be interested in what others opinions of them are.
-
April 21st, 2003, 02:09 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Go to -
www.gk-music.com
I love Gordy's headphones not only for drumming but for checking phase problems with mics. I own a studio and can wear these headphones when I'm moving the mics while the drummer is playing! I own the ultra phones which have the most isolation. You may like the other two better for playing purposes. Steve Smith uses them.
If you buy them, tell him a former student (Blake Lindberg) sent you. Gordy Knutson is a great player and really great teacher if you didn't know. He's the head
He told a friend that Aerosmith just bought a bunch of his headphones.
Good luck!
-
April 23rd, 2003, 09:42 AM
#3
PencilZ
Guest
Thanks Blake...the G-K's i've seen recommend before as have the sony/beyers/akg's/ and sennheisers.
Guess i'll have to find somewhere in the uk that stocks a few of these brands.
(The sonys seem to be highly rated though).
-
April 23rd, 2003, 05:18 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Try the Sony MDR-V600's. Nice pair o' 'phones. I think Sting was sporting them on his Ten Summoner's Tales - Video Album. I've used mine so much that I've worn out the cushions, but they're also 10 years old...
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...mdr-v600.shtml
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 02:19 PM: Message edited by: numeroUnoHODfan ]</font>
-
April 24th, 2003, 08:39 AM
#5
PencilZ
Guest
Thanks NUH...I noticed on the Jordan dvd that his studio or, the one he used for the shoot was using the Sony Mdr's.
-
April 25th, 2003, 01:20 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Hi,
check out these http://www.hearsave.de/englisch/frsetE02.htm
I use them with my roland td8
-
April 25th, 2003, 05:00 PM
#7
PencilZ
Guest
-
April 25th, 2003, 08:18 PM
#8
Inactive Member
if you need a cheap solution: get those small "earphones", like an ear-bud, but they have a thing in back to wrap around each ear. put them on, then put on traditional (30-33db reduction) shotgun ear protectors. it is an ok solution for hearing you drums & music at the same time.
Geoff
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks